Re: Blackout

In a message dated 8/15/2003 7:20:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

> I'm glad you were too.  I had visions of you stuck in a subway and it made
> my blood run cold.  whew.

I know.  I felt especially sorry for all of those people stuck in the subway.
 You have no idea how hot subway stations are in the summer time.  And it was
a 95 degree day.  It is so hot down there, from all of the trains running,
and there is no cool air pumped down there.  It's incredible.

On a hot 90-95 degree day, it's uncomfortable to even wait on the subway
platform; sweat will pour off you if you are waiting more than two minutes for a
train to pull in to a subway station.  Only the trains are air conditioned; the
subway tunnels and stations are not.  On a hot day, a wave of relief comes
over you when you are waiting for a train and one actually shows up.

So those people who were evacuated from trains and had to walk three miles
through the subway tunnels to get out - they REALLY suffered!

"We don't do enough to exploit renewable energy resources."