From: Richard T. Apking [mailto: richa@midlands.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:42:50 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

Hi All,<br>Just got back from a trip to the Southern edge of Kansas;
took my baby girl<br>to college. My sister, who lives there, managed to
save a little warm<br>weather for me, 105 on Thursday, 103 on Friday and
expected 105 today; with<br>humidity reminescent of my tours in
Vietnam.<br>I felt like such a SOB when the kid said, lets just go back
home; can't you<br>take me with you? Here's hoping that the homesickness
goes away in a few<br>days.<br>Nice to be back in the 90 degree weather.
Rich, cooling it in Z-5.<br>----- Original Message -----<br>From:
&quot;Kitty&quot; &lt;kmrsy@comcast.net&gt;<br>To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 6:36
check temp or index......but I know it was hot. And<br>&gt; humidity has
been running 97% here recently. I did manage to put the last<br>&gt; of
my bargains in the ground late this afternoon. For all my
whining<br>about<br>&gt; the rain this summer - IT'S DRY!!! Watered in
the new ones and the<br>&gt; relatively new ones. Hope we get that rain
----- Original Message -----<br>&gt; From:
&lt;Cersgarden@aol.com&gt;<br>&gt; To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>&gt; Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 5:31
message dated 8/21/03 4:56:28 PM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:<br>&gt;
&gt;<br>&gt; &gt; &lt;&lt; The heat index here at this moment is ....
are you ready.....<br>&gt; &gt; 110 degrees... &gt;&gt;<br>&gt;
&gt;<br>&gt; &gt; Donna, what was the actual temp? We are dealing with
the same only we<br>&gt; have<br>&gt; &gt; no rain for so long. Maybe
not as long as Pam but we normally have rain.<br>&gt; &gt; Weather man
says maybe next week we may have a chance.<br>&gt; &gt; Ceres<br>&gt;
&gt;<br>&gt; &gt;