Re: watering question now weather

Yup...we had a doozy of a storm come through this afternoon.  We were
lucky, power was only out for an hour, but at one time there were
about 100,000 without power around here.  Massive numbers of huge
trees down blocking major roads.  Had half a very large cherry go
down - hit just outside the deer fence; part of it is in the fence,
but no permanent damage and it's not down far enough for them to
jump; will get son with chain saw tomorrow to help me attack it, it's
still connected to the tree about 50' off the ground, so we'll just
have to get what we can and let the rest hang there.  Seems I just
got done cleaning up from the last storm and now have branches and
twigs and leaves all over the place again.  Needed rain again, but
not quite that much and could have done without the wind...ah, good
old Ma Nature...moderation was never in that woman's vocabulary.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :