Re: last night's experience

When I get an itch for a book, which seems to be surprising often, I go to one of those mega-barns--Barnes and Noble, Tower, Books-A-Million--and thumb it. If I still want it, I go on the web and try to find the best price. And I always look at Abe's Books first; you never know what's been out long enough to be remaindered or reach the used-book market.