RE: last night's experience;Grandma's & Seibenthalers; and Rayna's new house...

Let me know if I can help, Wendy!  BTW, we still need to get together so I
can give you a tub full of Knautia Macedonica (if you want it) and get you
over here to see if there is anything else you could use.

I'm 1400 e-mails behind.  Catching up will be slow.

BTW, to the group in general, daughter Rayna moved into her first house
(bought on her own without anyone's help) and is excited!  There are a few
plants already there.  In the dark, I was only able to identify surprise
lilies.  She wants some help on plantings.  Hopefully next weekend I can get
pictures (in the daytime) to post and get some ideas.  The outside of the
house is VERY plain.  It needs something to spice it up!  It begs for "curb

But the house is structurally very sound, the yard is adequate for a single
woman with 2 dogs and she's looking into reel type mowers for it!  (Maybe
all those conversations I've had with her about working with the ecology
when she was little really did sink in!  She's even started using a recycle
bin!)  It has a basement area for her dark room, an extra room she can use
to set up her photography, interesting interior architecture, among other
things.  For a starter home, it's got great potential.  Rayna is very
artistic and is already planning to have a "grey" living room--walls,
carpet, furniture, lamps, etc. with the only color in the room to be her
photographs and artistically covered pillows.  Grey shades sound pretty
cold, but if I know her, it will turn out FABULOUS!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)