From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Bonnie & Bill Morgan
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 8:13 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] last night's experience;Grandma's & Seibenthalers;
and Rayna's new house...

Let me know if I can help, Wendy!  BTW, we still need to get together so
I can give you a tub full of Knautia Macedonica (if you want it) and get
you over here to see if there is anything else you could use.

I'm 1400 e-mails behind.  Catching up will be slow.

BTW, to the group in general, daughter Rayna moved into her first house
(bought on her own without anyone's help) and is excited!  There are a
few plants already there.  In the dark, I was only able to identify
surprise lilies.  She wants some help on plantings.  Hopefully next
weekend I can get pictures (in the daytime) to post and get some ideas.
The outside of the house is VERY plain.  It needs something to spice it
up!  It begs for "curb appeal."

But the house is structurally very sound, the yard is adequate for a
single woman with 2 dogs and she's looking into reel type mowers for it!
(Maybe all those conversations I've had with her about working with the
ecology when she was little really did sink in!  She's even started
using a recycle
bin!)  It has a basement area for her dark room, an extra room she can
use to set up her photography, interesting interior architecture, among
other things.  For a starter home, it's got great potential.  Rayna is
very artistic and is already planning to have a "grey" living
room--walls, carpet, furniture, lamps, etc. with the only color in the
room to be her photographs and artistically covered pillows.  Grey
shades sound pretty cold, but if I know her, it will turn out FABULOUS!

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)