Re: email disaster

> From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
> Ooooh, I've done that, too.
> My new e-mail program has storage folders on a pop-out screen
> the main screen, so now I drag messages I want to save to one of
> subject-matter folders. Every now and then--usually more like
> copy them in Word files.

That makes me feel marginally better, Jim - knowing I'm not alone.  I
save what I want to my hard disk as text files, but that means I have
to read the message and do it.  When I get into major work mode - as
it seems I have been most of this summer - it only takes about 2
nights of not being able to read mail for me to get into major
trouble since I get over 200 messages a day...sigh.  I've had
backlogs before, but this was the worst - about 45megabytes of inbox
files.  Since my old program doesn't automatically compact the
folder, I have to do it manually and always move the contents to
another folder before compacting; move them back afterward and delete
the temporary folder.  Well, being tired, I got sidetracked and
thought I'd moved them all back to the inbox and deleted the other
folder...whoopee!  Amazing how fast they can vanish.....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :