Re: Garden Projects

> From: Cersgarden@aol.com
> Chris on the shady side of my garden I have Lysimachia nummularia
'Aurea', a
> white/green Ajuga and  Sagina subulata 'Aurea' growing btwn the
limestne
> pathway.      Ceres
----------

I forgot about Lysimachia n. 'Aurea'.  It will put up with drier
conditions - I have it growing in the paving of my front patio - but
it needs some sun to maintain the yellow color or it turns
chartreuse..not ugly, mind, but not gold, either.  It's a very nice
plant, I think.  Mine never bloom; I understand they can, but maybe
they need more sun for that?  I have tried Sagina subulata several
times and managed to kill it every time.  Wonder if it doesn't like
my heat and humidity??

Ajuga seeds all over here, but in my experience, it really wants more
sun than woodland garden conditions.  It grows, but not well.  I have
a love-hate relationship with Ajuga..love it in bloom and when it's
behaving, I love the one with the dark purple leaves, but if it is
happy, it has visions of world domination so I end up pulling it by
the barrel load.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade