Re: storms

What's a basement?

Seriously, our house has small jalousie windows [jealous widows, we call them] that the wind can throw a tree limb or something through but probably not bow enough to break. And then, we have planted a jungle around the house, so that will be something of a windbreak and barrier to flying objects.

The only thing I find somewhat worrisome is that Ms. Fatma likes to grow things in pots and hanging baskets, so we've tried to set most of these on the ground amongst the shrubberies [with a tip of the hat to Monty Python] on the theory that the wind will be so broken up at ground level that it can't do much damage. And we put a new roof on the house a couple of months ago, so that's not likely to suffer damage.

And this morning, I picked all the remaining avocados from the tree, thereby reducing the number of potential missiles.