From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Marge Talt
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 3:10 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Power out

That happens a *lot* around here - have  thunderstorm; power stays on
- next day sunny and calm and off it goes.

I'm just so durn relieved that you and the plantation came through
this one unscathed.  The pine needles are a blessing.  I'd give my
eyeteeth for a few bushels; excellent mulch; think they are what's
called 'pine straw' in the Carolinas, where they are abundant and in
evidence as mulch even around hotel plantings in the Raleigh area.
And as you plan, rotted down they're great for acid loving plants.

Started raining here about 3:30PM; rained rather gently until about
7:30PM...that's all we got.  I am NOT complaining!!!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis