Re: Fox Update

How totally neat.  Must be a fox trait to like to play on mulch
mounds.  A few years ago, when I had a new pile of woodchips, I
looked out the window one day to see one of our foxes literally
dancing on the pile...it performed for a few minutes and then
disappeared back into the woods.

Lately, late in the evening; just as it's getting too dark to see
what I'm doing, I'll see a fox coming across from the critter opening
I left in the deer fence; heading, I know, for the concrete slab
where I put out stuff for critters.  If I say 'hi fox', it just
pauses; looks at me and keeps on going.

Son saw a pair of kits playing last year, but I missed them.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :