Re: Re: "Wuerstchen"

That's how I remember real French bread...you can't buy it in the US,
no matter what any bakery says.  There is one bakery who, when they
first started out, produced a reasonable facsimile, but it's not the
same now and I understand it has to do with our health department
requirements for commercially prepared food, plus, of course, the
real stuff has no shelf life; gotta eat it fresh...real bread - they
have some pretty rotten 'Wonder' type stuff now, too -  in Europe is
heads and shoulders above what we can get in the US...even in major
metro area with all sorts of ethnic food stores...sigh.

It is strange your town has no decent German restaurants with that
high a percentage of people of German decent...someone seems to have
missed an opportunity there.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: cathy carpenter <cathyc@rnet.com>
> What I remember of my 3 years in Germany and Austria as a young
girl is
> the incredible bread - flavorful, with an assertive "mouth feel".
What