Re: Salvia 'Black and Blue'

The "not reliable" is what I've heard about it, too.  Now, in the dim
recesses of my brain think someone told me that you should never cut
this one back before winter...leave the dead stems; something about
water freezing in the pockets left by removing dead stems...of
course; state I'm in, I could be dreaming; this bit of advice could
have been about another plant...but there's a connection in my

I've not taken cuttings of any salvia but S. officinalis cvs...what's
the best way to treat cuttings from this type of salvia?

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Chris@widom-assoc.com
>  I've grown Salvia 'Black and Blue' for a number of years now.
It's has