Re: Salvia 'Black and Blue'

Well, Theresa, I would expect it to thrive where you garden - even
your coldest winter isn't gonna be as cold as mine are typically, nor
as wet.  I think the leave the stems part was directed at those with
wet winters.  Tho' rainy season in CA is winter (if I remember
correctly) where you are in the valley is generally pretty
dry..right?..I mean compared to a winter in the Mid-Atlantic or
Northeast...

I sure hope mine survives.  I am not absolutely certain it really
loves where I put it, but if I lose it, I shall try it again in
another spot.  It's such a remarkable plant when happy.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Theresa <tchessie@comcast.net>
>
> Well- for me it was reliable last winter.  Came back as big and
> beautiful as ever!  And, yes, I did cut back the stems. This was a
cold
> winter for us- I lost a couple of other things, but the Black and
Blue