Re: Hi I'm A Newbie with a ??

Well, I can vouch for that too....our Boer goats have taken care of ALL
the poison ivy down by the ponds. We actually had some people ask to
borrow some to clean up around their place, but they didn't have a fence
that could hold them in so we said no. They are too expensive to lose.

Bonnie Holmes <holmesbm@usit.net> wrote:
One more thing about poison ivy...if you are clearing a dense area, you
might use goats...they love the stuff and will leave any ferns that are
growing...we have a native garden in Knoxville that use goats to clean up
kudzu and poison ivy...only problem was that they had to fence them with a
guard dog to protect them from neighbor dogs that would bother the goats.
Bonnie ETN Zone 7