Re: Hi I'm A Newbie with a ??

This is the combo a former yard guy used to blaze a trail between the plantation and the vacant lot next door. Worked. Spectacularly for 3 or 4 years.

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, at 05:10 PM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

Combine Weed-B-Gone with Roundup to kill poison ivy, privet, honeysuckle
and other hard to kill bushes.
Bonnie ETN Zone 7

[Original Message]
From: <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Date: 8/30/2004 11:16:29 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hi I'm A Newbie with a ??

Holli - welcome. Last time I had any - Round Up and gloves. Whatever you
do - don't burn it! The oil vaporizes and gets all over anything the
smoke touches!

Pam Evans Kemp, TX zone 8A ----- Original Message ----- From: Hollikft@aol.com Sent: 8/30/2004 9:55:51 PM To: gardenchat@hort.net Subject: [CHAT] Hi I'm A Newbie with a ??

HI I'm Holli, a really good friend Donna, had told me about this great
gardening group, so I decided to join up! Havent had the greatest
garden this
year, but it was passable. I was disappointed this year, but the bees
seem to
enjoy it! LOL
Anyway I have a question.. I am loaded with POISON IVY, in the back
yard
and so is the family in the house behind me. She did have someone do
removal
tonight and then they were going to spray something in the grown so it
wont
come back next year.
Is there a safe way to remove it ... it really is in a bad area..it's
by the
pond and continues across the back of the yard and entwined in all my
pine
trees. And of course I have a dog.

Any suggestions?
Thank You