Buggy Situations

Looks like I am losing my Blue Renaissance Hibiscus.  Maybe even  Hawaiian
Fantasy ;(
All of a sudden the leaves on both starting turning yellow..  Today  one of
them started dropping buds..  On on of the buds I noticed a  caterpillar.
Checked it all over and dint find any others, but I suspect  she laid some eggs.
<SIGH>  To Hot right now to spray them, as  most of my yard is in direct sun.
One of the Elephant ears seems to have some kind of mite infestation.   So I
am making a solution from Basil leaves and soap, and will spray it  tomorrow.
Hope it works.
It has been so hot out there, I am surprised I have only these few  problems.
 Will have to spend this weekend moving stuff around again.