Beastly hot today...

so I decided to work in the yard. :) Planted the sweet lemon, the wax jambu [aka Java apple], a new jalapeno, and one of the Palestine limes. That leaves only one more Palestine lime and a blood orange and then the citrus collection IS CLOSED! Still have two figs to plant but they're in 7-gallon pots and it's too hot to dig holes that big--so I guess they'll have to wait until it's cooler.

Had George the irrigation guy come by this AM and replace a solenoid valve on the zone that mists the lathhouse. Then Chris, the A/C service guy, showed up to give the system it's semi-annual cleaning. Don't know how he survives going into attics at this time of year.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10