Re: heat and water

It's OK.  Everyone is just real frustrated here right now.  And it
breaks my heart listening to the ag folks talking and how bad things
are for everyone.  Our avg. rainfall is 35" a year which is what we
are geared for.  Drought years cut that total in half so everything
burns up in summer.  Speaking of which, gotta go move a hose.

On 8/5/05, David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hi folks
> Just thought of an addition sparked by Pam's comment about how hot it gets
> here.  In northern Ca. it doesn't stay as hot as Texas that's for sure.  We
> have the cool ocean breezes that come in in the form of fog that keeps us in
> a perpetual heat wave.  But many folks in the Sacramento and San Joaquin
> Valleys experience that kind of heat and then some.  That's not to mention
> southern Ca. in the desert regions where those are the normal type of temps.
> My friend in Phoenix hasn't had a drop of rain since January where they got
> so much it almost flooded them out of house and home...but none since then.
> Again, we're set up for that and I think that's the difference.  Mentally we
> don't expect any rain and so it's not depressing when it doesn't come.  I
> remember when we went through a decade long drought in the 80's and it
> sucked.  You would see the clouds come over and break up before it dropped
> anything.  I know what it's like and I hate droughts so even though I'm a
> smart--- I do feel your pain Pam.
> David
> http://www.atouchofthetropics.net

Pam Evans