Re: heat and water

No wonder American cuisine is dreadful. Are there no farmers' markets where the organic-vegetarian-hippie freaks peddle what they grow?

Had an interesting experience today myself. I make a tart--Pillsbury pie crust bottom, cottage cheese/clotted cream [blended] base, fried bacon and Mexican white onions topping, liberally sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and baked in a 450 oven of 15-20 minutes. So we decided it would make a nice Sunday supper so we began assembling the ingredients in--we should have known better--Wal-Mart.

Everything went pretty much okay until we got to the clotted cream part. I cornered a guy in the deli section and asked "Where's the clotted cream?" He got this really big smile on his face and said, "Hey, man, this is Wal-Mart. We might carry it in 2, 3 years, but don't hold your breath."