tonights event

Once again the neighborhood nursery put on a wonderful event tonight. Of
course, it could have been a tad cooler out, but guessing they can not
control everything.

Besides the deals on plants, trees, shrubs, pottery, basically everything
was at least 40% off, he once again added interesting decorations. It was
more of an outdoor cafi scene tonight. Used wrought iron fencing pieces to
separate rows of tables/chairs, yes again with the fancy linen tablecloths,
with fresh flower bouquets on each table for 3/4 people. Of course he had
plants situated everywhere in interesting combinations. (I really should
take my camera to these events)

The food was sandwiches, very fresh buns with choice or ham, turkey, beef ,
cheese and lettuce tomatoes. Also had wraps with the same type meats and
other stuff in them (didn't try that). Of course there was the standard
veggie trays- cheese, sausage, and chunks of meats. All deserts were
homemade and there was a ton of them... and to wash it all down, choice of
pink lemonade, water, or 4 types of wine (yes, in real glasses again).

The music was provided by a quartet of local high school students. They were
very good and I enjoyed listening to the violin music, been awhile since I
heard it live.

It was an enjoyable evening and from what I learned, he only invited some of
his customers and it was not a publicized event this time. Keep the crowd
down to a roar....although there were quite a few people there. Beginning to
be like a party tho, seems we all go to these events and are getting to know
each other better every year... wonder if it is the wine we are all carrying
around that makes us more friendly <lol>

Didn't buy much for myself, but did pick up quite a few things for a new bed
at mothers. His stock is definitely going down for the season already.

Donna