Re: Starting a nursery

> That might not be a bad idea to start a nurseryperson support list.

What should I call it?  nurserypeople@hort.net?  nursery@hort.net?

One thing that I should add -- I don't plan on using hort.net as a platform
to sell my plants.  Other nurseries donated money to the hort.net fund,
so it wouldn't be fair for me to do something like that without equal
representation.

Just thought I'd mention that.  :)

> I am not ordering plants but growing my own from seed. I will state that
> they are in limited quantities. Right now I sell some of my Theobroma plants
> and have a waiting list. People don't seem to mind that but what I am
> finding is once the plants are available they have other reasons not to get
> them. I do sell a fair amount though.

I'm doing a little bit of both.  I've taken cuttings of some plants,
divisions of others, and dug up seedlings from around the yard.  I plan
on growing some plants from seed, but some won't be saleable for a couple
of years.

I plan on padding my inventory with some wholesale plants as well.  This
way I can offer more to my customers and (unless restricted by patents)
get some material to propagate more of my own plants with less dependency
on wholesalers.

> Sunshine Farms is a wonderful place to order from if you are ordering
> wholesale. Barry has some great deals going on right now on his Hellebores.

You're the second person to mention him to me -- I'll have to check him
out.  Thanks!

Chris