Re: Starting a nursery

I've discovered that what was popular last year, and can't be found at the
nursery (example Hydrangea 'Endless Summer' 2 seasons ago) is EVERYWHERE by
the next season and no one wants it.

The first year I did my nursery everyone wanted Verbena 'Homestead Purple.'
So, on the advice of one of my retail nursery owners I ordered a bunch of
plugs the next spring. I could barely give it away. I know people see
things in Southern Living Magazine (here especially) and fly out to the
nurseries to get it. By the next year they're looking for something else

So, my advice would be to start keeping up with what's named most popular,
or best plant of the year, etc. Because next spring people will be looking
for it if it's been mentioned in a magazine.

Isn't there a Mid-West Living magazine?

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC