Re: Starting a nursery

> Chris, you started a real flurry of messages with this subject.
> Kathy has asked again a question I asked earlier and didn't see a reply to,
> though I understand because we have been throwing a lot at you.

Sorry about that!  It probably got lost -- I still have some that I
haven't read!

> The question is about your facilities.  Is this your garage?  Are you
> renting greenhouse space?  where will you be growing these plants and under
> what conditions?

Right now I'm just growing them in the great outdoors.  I'll overwinter
them in the ground (and some in the attached, unheated garage).  There's
a chance that I could put up a polyhouse at a friend's house not too far
from here, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

There aren't many plants to overwinter right now, so I don't think it
will be a big deal.  By June of next year I'll have to see how my
inventory stands and make another decision.

If sales go well I'll either find some land to lease or buy some of my
own, then set up shop there.

http://www.hort.net/sHORTurl/                        Shorten your URLs!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3785 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-08-16/       The latest additions