Re: Re: [OT] South Beach Diet

Chris...you never, EVER know what is around the corner in your life. You
just need to take care of yourself....FOR yourself, not for anybody
else. There are lots of people who are married and surrounded by people
all the time, but still feel lonely. Maybe you need to dig down in your
soul and find some peace from within. I know that WE ALL LOVE YOU on
this list. <<<Hugs>>>

"Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com> wrote:
  > Youngest daughter Natalie did the South Beach Diet for 2 weeks. She lost
> 15 pounds. And she needed to. She is a candidate for Type 2 if she is
> not careful. You can do anything Pam if you look at it like they do in
> AA meetings "just for today I will not drink the beer (0r whatever it is
> you want) and I will be healthy". It's not forever. Just until you get
> your weight where you want it. Cardio exercise will help with that.
> Natalie NEVER gets cardio exercise. Some physical body types just need
> the cardio more than others. I have a fast metabolism. Natalie does not.

Catching up on email here...

Three years ago I had lost a whole bunch of weight (about 80 pounds)
and was pretty close to my target weight. For me, the best way was
Atkins. I don't believe in Atkins as a lifestyle, but more as a quick
results/motivator. Within one month of doing Atkins I was down by about
30 pounds. At that point I was hyped enough that I was more willing to
eat healthy and exercise wasn't nearly as painful.

Unfortunately, I lost weight for the wrong reason -- I wanted to meet
someone. What I learned is that losing weight just makes you thin and
lonely instead of fat and lonely. I've gained some of it back and
probably could lose it again, but I don't really have a motivational
reason. I mean, do I want to lose weight so that I can live a longer,
lonely life? Gee, that sounds like fun. :)