From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 3:13 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: [OT] South Beach Diet

Chris...you never, EVER know what is around the corner in your life. You
just need to take care of yourself....FOR yourself, not for anybody else.
There are lots of people who are married and surrounded by people all the
time, but still feel lonely. Maybe you need to dig down in your soul and
find some peace from within. I know that WE ALL LOVE YOU on this list.

"Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com> wrote:
  > Youngest daughter Natalie did the South Beach Diet for 2 weeks. She lost
> 15 pounds. And she needed to. She is a candidate for Type 2 if she is
> not careful. You can do anything Pam if you look at it like they do in
> AA meetings "just for today I will not drink the beer (0r whatever it
> is you want) and I will be healthy". It's not forever. Just until you
> get your weight where you want it. Cardio exercise will help with that.
> Natalie NEVER gets cardio exercise. Some physical body types just need
> the cardio more than others. I have a fast metabolism. Natalie does not.

Catching up on email here...

Three years ago I had lost a whole bunch of weight (about 80 pounds) and was
pretty close to my target weight. For me, the best way was Atkins. I don't
believe in Atkins as a lifestyle, but more as a quick results/motivator.
Within one month of doing Atkins I was down by about 30 pounds. At that
point I was hyped enough that I was more willing to eat healthy and exercise
wasn't nearly as painful.

Unfortunately, I lost weight for the wrong reason -- I wanted to meet
someone. What I learned is that losing weight just makes you thin and lonely
instead of fat and lonely. I've gained some of it back and probably could
lose it again, but I don't really have a motivational reason. I mean, do I
want to lose weight so that I can live a longer, lonely life? Gee, that
sounds like fun. :)