Re: Re: [OT] South Beach Diet

I have to agree with the comments made. Somewhen you will meet a lovely person who will see you for the gem you are. Do you volunteer? Great way to meet nice people. Just be yourself. If you're unhappy about your weight, lose some for yourself. You need to be able to keep up with Romeo after all. That is your dog's name?
Judy B
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: [OT] South Beach Diet

Youngest daughter Natalie did the South Beach Diet for 2 weeks. She lost
15 pounds. And she needed to. She is a candidate for Type 2 if she is
not careful. You can do anything Pam if you look at it like they do in
AA meetings "just for today I will not drink the beer (0r whatever it is
you want) and I will be healthy". It's not forever. Just until you get
your weight where you want it. Cardio exercise will help with that.
Natalie NEVER gets cardio exercise. Some physical body types just need
the cardio more than others. I have a fast metabolism. Natalie does not.
Catching up on email here...

Three years ago I had lost a whole bunch of weight (about 80 pounds)
and was pretty close to my target weight.  For me, the best way was
Atkins.  I don't believe in Atkins as a lifestyle, but more as a quick
results/motivator.  Within one month of doing Atkins I was down by about
30 pounds.  At that point I was hyped enough that I was more willing to
eat healthy and exercise wasn't nearly as painful.

Unfortunately, I lost weight for the wrong reason -- I wanted to meet
someone.  What I learned is that losing weight just makes you thin and
lonely instead of fat and lonely.  I've gained some of it back and
probably could lose it again, but I don't really have a motivational
reason.  I mean, do I want to lose weight so that I can live a longer,
lonely life?  Gee, that sounds like fun.  :)