Kitten Q

How old does a kitten need to be before trying a harness? Diesel goes on the screened porch, and has a shelf by a window from which to watch birds, but I think he'd enjoy it more outside, especially since he was an outdoor kitty before he was abotu 8 weeks old.

I think sometimes of just letting him out the door with the dogs, but after doing a lot of reading it sounds like it might not be healthy for him or the bird population. We have about two-thirds of an acre that's fenced, but he could be over it in a heartbeat.