Re: Allergies [Re: Ummm...]

I'm allergic to most perfumes, mold, dust mites,ragweed, goldenrod,.pine
sap, bleach, cigarette smoke, feathers, grass pollen, tree pollen, and
catnip. When I have an attack I have severe sinus swelling, sneezing fits of
up to 20 sneezes in a row, coughing, runny nose, post nasal drip, sinus
pressure, severe headache and because I also have asthma, weezing and
tighness in the chest.. There is not much I can do other than take my meds,
lie down in a dark quiet room, and wait.. FH gives great facial massages and
it really helps. I was on Claratin but it didn't do a thing for me. Allegra
is great though. I was on Rhinocort but it irriated my nasal passages too
much so I was taken off it.  I don't get attacks too often now, but when I
was still living at home I got them constantly-asthma attacks too..my dad
smokes 3 packs a day and their basement had leaks and lots of mold. (It took
years to get him to understand his smoke was making me sick. He can't smell
the stench so he figures no one else can either. My mother and I have
finally gotten him to go outside to smoke, since he refuses to consider
quitting, despite having emphysema..sad)I used to go through a box of
benadryl a week (didn't know about the prescription meds back then) and as
anyone who's ever taken it knows, that stuff makes you feel even worse cause
it drugs you up. Fortunately FH doesn't smoke and we do not allow anyone to
smoke in our home. We also have a wonder air purifer which really makes a