Re: hort.net moving, part II (LONG)

Each of us has to decide for ourselves how much is too much. If you're happy with your life in a constant whirl, that's wonderful! But if someone is depressed by having too much on their plate, that person needs to pare down and decide what they can manage and what to leave behind. I do have peak times, but I always know there will also be lulls and I appreciate both. I have dropped a few projects for next year that I no longer have time for. Unfortunately, no one else will take up the challenge. But I have to say no.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hort.net moving, part II (LONG)

In a message dated 8/23/06 8:58:27 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

I have always felt that, for most of us, trying to do it all means not
doing
anything well.

Chris, you have had a complex situation to deal with. Hope your decision
will make your life easier. I certainly appreciate your service to this list
as I reap the many benefits!
Kitty, I agree with your statement about trying to do it all. I have
to steer myself away from things I really would like to do and select the hi
priority items. So much I wish to do and know I have so little time left. My
life seems to be a constant whirl. I am always thinking once I get thru
this it will be better but than it is always something else that is pushing.
I know I operate better with a full schedule and often look back and wonder
how I did everything I did in the past when working & had children to care for.

Speaking of much to do, I have my last scheduled garden tour tomorrow
and must get to the garden before I can tomatoes again. Tomorrow we have a one
day refresher for Landscape Critics and Garden Consultants with a tour of my
garden at the end of the day. I assume it will be evaluated by the group.
This is the first time we have had a one day opportunity to do this. I am
refreshing for LC which will be my masters qualifier. I will be refreshing for
GC in Sept. We have attendees from several surrounding states. Auralie
you will be interested in this I am sure.
Ceres