Re: Local lotus

I think you both might enjoy "Aliens in the Backyard" by John Leland.  He
makes numerous points about the fact that many...in some cases most...of
our plants are not native to this continent.  Certainly most of the grasses
and foods we use.  Maybe a lot of people get confused non-native and
invasive since many of the trouble plants are non-native.  What surprised
me was that most earthworms are not native and create a different chemistry
for plants.