RE: slow news day

Dear All,

I've been reading the messages, although sometimes a week later, but haven't
taken the time to post anything. I missed- trees falling on houses, wedding
photos, scanned collages, birthdays, cat advice, daylily questions, etc! As
usual, the summer has been filled with activity!  I've been to two daylily
conventions, one regional in CT and the other national in Minnesoata! I had
such a great time at both! You get to tour gardens, meet with e-mail friends
and buy plants! Oh, I won a award for landscape photography at the national
convention!  I had to get up in front of 650 banquet guests to receive an
engraved silver tray! I didn't know that I had won and I was quite
shocked!!! Then there was our daylily show which was so successful!  We got
photographic and print coverage which made me happy!  My garden was featured
on a page in our LI newspaper this summer as well.  They did a nice
write-up.  Since then, a local paper is interviewing me next week. Then, I
had a club tour and an arboretum tour.  I also had an open garden day for

Now, I'm in the writing mode.  I just finished an article for our national
daylily journal.  I did the photography for that one as well.  Next, I have
to do the covers for our regional magazine, send in the photographs I took
of various gardens, do the write-up on our flower show, etc.

Next week is our plant sale, so I'll be digging and dividing plants, making
labels and everything else that goes along with having a sale. I still have
to arrange for speakers for next years meetings.  I'm having trouble
deciding on the speakers, but I had better get a move on it or everyone will
be booked up!

Of course, there were family parties (three graduations), a visiting 8 year
old niece, birthdays, etc.  Not to mention, actual GARDENING!!!!!

Is that enough news for you Kitty!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)