From: Kitty
<kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007
10:35:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

virtually non stop rain here for the
past 2 days.  It is pouring now.  Flash
flood warnings.  More rain predicted
the next few days.  I hope it lets up
before Friday.  I have to set up both
the MG and my own plant sales for
Saturday.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
-----
Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To:
<gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 10:24 AM
Subject: Re:
[CHAT] weather

> It is odd weather this year, Auralie, though I'm sure it's
not entirely
> the fault of global warming. Our temperatures seem about
right--high 70s
> at night, low 90s during the day with heat indexes around
105. It's the
> lack of any significant rain that seems atypical. 5 minute
thunder showers
> don't quite do it. It's time for us to plant our
fall-winter
> gardens--tomatoes, peppers, collards, eggplants, beets,
carrots--but
> without the rain, I'm reluctant to do it, although I will
start tomato and

wrote:

>> Weird weather all over.  Drought and heat in some areas, too much
rain in
>> others.  I shouldn't complain - we have had very little real heat
this
>> summer
>> -
>> only a few days over 90 degrees, and though it has
been pretty dry, we
>> have
>> had just enough rain to keep things alive.
Hovever, what we are having
>> today
>> is depressing. Does overcast skies -
no rain, just overcast - with 65
>> degrees
>> at nearly noon sound like a
typical middle-of-August dog days day?  We
>> have had cool nights - low 50s
for a week now, and daytime temps in the
>> low 70s most days.  Things in my
vegetable garden are just not growing.
>> The latest crop of beans have lots
of little ones, but just aren't
>> getting
>> biig.
>> The Kentucky Wonders
on the fence that are usually my most reliable
>> mid-to-late season beans
aren't even blooming, though they have reached
>> the top of the 8-foot fence.
Tomatoes are not settting fruit - too cool
>> nights, I guess.  Anyway, all
this seems very strange, but my son
>> assures me that it's all due to global
warming.