Re: weather

It's finally raining here now - has been all night  - but just a very gentle
drizzle.  It hasn't accumulated to as much as an inch, but I'm glad of
the slow rain.  This way it sinks in and doesn't run right off down the
hill.  We needed it badly.  All the overcast and low temps had not
given us any.
  For the past week I've been telling myself it was my imagination,
or a trick of the light, or something, but today I cannot avoid it.  The
dogwood trees are definitely turning red.  We usually expect fall
color to be at its peak Columbus Day weekend - the leaf-peeper
holiday around here. So far it's just the dogwoods, but they are
very definitely red.  I hope it's not the result of the drought, but
mid August is much too early for this.
Auralie

In a message dated 08/20/2007 11:30:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,