Re: succulents

Let me add what I think is another dimension to this. And that is the internet. Many collectors or officiandos of rare and unusual plants do a lot more swapping than buying. I can't tell you how many requests per week I get at Dave's Garden for seeds or cuttings of plants I've photographed. I've traded cuttings and seeds with people in India, Turkey, Portugal, Australia, Spain, Brazil, New Zealand, Surinam, Puerto Rico, Israel, and probably other places I can't remember. The web has made this possible--you can consummate a swap in minutes, get it into the mail in hours, and enjoy the results in a few days--and it will cost, max, $5-$6 for postage.