Re: I give up!

Yes, it's in our blood, but at my age, next year is pretty iffy.
Pam, I don't think a hot wire would answer this question.  It's
not deer that are causing this problem, but more than likely
woodchucks.  There are muskrats around and many chipmunks,
but I think woodchucks are the real culprit, and a hot wire would
have to be almost at ground level to be effective against them.
A friend had a scary fire start from her hot wire that somehow
came in contact with dry leaves.  I just don't believe we could
do that.  I am having fairly good success in the rest of the yard
this year with a combination of regular spraying with Deer Off and
generally planting things that they don't like.  It makes for an odd-
looking garden sometimes, but I have a bed I think is pretty nice
with masses of Artemisia 'Powis Castle' and A. 'Silver King'
interspersed with Santolina ericoides and the white Santolina,
a couple of Ruta graveolens and a couple of Victoria ferns.  Back
in the center of the bed I have some huge red Caladiums, and a
few white ones.  Deer ate Caladiums last year, but so far, with
the deer-resistant plantings in front, and weekly Deer Off, it's
In a message dated 8/13/2008 5:01:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:

LOL - You're right Donna.  Auralie, have you tried a hot wire around your
beds?  People use them in this neck of the woods w/ pretty good results.

> hum  kinda sounds like a normal gardening year to me LOL!
> By next spring you will forget it all and remember the good years and try
> again.. it's in our blood!
> Donna

Read reviews on AOL Autos.