Re: succulents

Speaking of Monsanto -- the Spectracide rep really, really dislikes me because I hate to sell chemicals, and he knows it. He told me that if I wanted to teach I ought to work at a university. <LOL> I did laught out loud.
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] succulents

I think you overstate your case, David. The pink mealybug is only a pest of consequence on hibiscus. And I think we can agree that while hibiscus is a nice plant, it's really a trivial crop. And the biggest problem with the glassy wing sharpshooter seems to be that it poops on automobiles and causes an unsightly mess. These two scourges may excite the chemists at Monsanto, but I fail to see why they have any significance at all.