RE: gadgets/now hydrangea cuttings

  • Subject: RE: gadgets/now hydrangea cuttings
  • From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:38:06 -0400

Daryl, the best luck I've had with Hydrangea cuttings is to set them in a
saucer of water and LEAVE them that way until you are sure they're rooted
well. A friend of mine told me that and I didn't believe her. So far so good
on the ones I've done this year. I'm getting ready to do some Annabelle's
and see how they work. Also, my best luck has been with softwood, but large
ones, not skinny. I also put Miracle Grow in the water. I have a H.
'prezioza' that I thought wasn't going to make it but as soon as I put the
container in a sauce of water it started putting out new leaves.