RE: just checking

  • Subject: RE: just checking
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:58:19 -0700

Not much happening here. It is normal summer weather, in fact only in
the low 90s so not very hot. I have some tomatoes, the zucchini is still
not producing new fruits, the pepper plants look gorgeous but not too
many peppers. Husband's experimental tomato plants don't look too
different than mine, I am surprised, although you can't say any of them
look particularly good. I'd like to repeat the experiment next year with
a few changes to see what happens.
My zauschneria in the dry garden is dying back but I don't know why.
It's irritating to never know why stuff just keels over. Very
disappointed since it has spread to cover a large area and I liked the
flowers in late summer.
Otherwise it's weed city out there. I have kept on top of them in a
couple small areas and that's about the best I can say. Amaryllis
belladonna is blooming; I'd like to find or create a spot where those
bulbs could be warmer in the winter. My friend has them at her house
against a south wall and hers are much bigger and more plentiful.
Tomorrow we are taking off work to go deep-sea fishing out of San Diego.
I hope I catch a tuna. :-)

Cyndi