Re: monardas, now mirabilis

  • Subject: Re: monardas, now mirabilis
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:23:14 -0500

Yes,
The standard Marvel of Peru aka Four O'Clock has a hard (to zone 4) cousin:

http://www.highcountrygardens.com/catalog/product/70345/

The description mentions a taproot so I'd better get busy and move it to a more permanent spot before it goes too deep. Mine is only in a half-sun spot. Needs full sun. I think it would be less sprawly if it were in full sun. Beautiful flowers! Watching for see this year.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: <TeichFauna@aol.com>