Re: I hired a gardener
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: I hired a gardener
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 10:15:32 -0500

Guilt can be a good thing; a motivator for instance.

Hiring someone for what you need done means different things to different people. I have always only hired a job out that I cannot do myself. This may be due to my upbringing and lack of funds to do otherwise. My house is very personal to me, as is my "reputation/integrity/pride" (can't think of the right word). I don't want a maid in here seeing what a slob I am, though compared to some people's houses, I am pretty neat. Still, I think I'd just go around cleaning up everything before the maid was to arrive and what's the point in that?

My garden, too, is very personal and very comfortable. If something doesn't get done, well, it just doesn't. But I enjoy my garden, so I like getting things done, though there's always more I wish I had time and energy to do. I don't think I could trust anyone I could afford to hire not to damage something. Years ago we hired a lawn care company. They killed my roses. Anyway, my garden is my canvas; every inch of it is a part of me - weeds and all. Did Monet hire out any of his brushstrokes? Not that I compare myself to Monet, but it's just the way I feel about my yard.

This is not to say that I fault anyone for hiring help, needed or not. The choice is yours.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>