Re: list down again and garden question in the meantime

Yup and got my confirmation message and sent that off, so should be
working..we shall see.

I think that you're wise to forego the cover crop idea.  Seems to me
it's really for large gardens or fields where it would be really hard
to keep them in mulch and manure to the extent needed, so that a
cover crop makes sense, rather than bare soil.  And you can enrich
your soil to the same extent by keeping a constant mulch and adding
stuff like manure, bloodmeal, cottonseed meal and other organic
fertilizers.  Peas are good nitrogen fixers...one of the main things
I miss about not growing veggies anymore is standing out in the
garden pigging out on sugar snap peas...Lordy! are they good right
off the vine!  Sigh.  So plant a row of those for me and munch

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :