FW: Peony question

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Veca [mailto:romans8@attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 8:47 PM
To: Theresa- yahoo
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Peony question

on 12/11/02 8:22 PM, Theresa- yahoo wrote:

> plant a peony in the ground now?

Theresa - Have your nights cooled considerably? I think, being an ex -
Californian, it gets kind of chilly about this time of year, so I would
hazard to say it's ok. They like cold weather. this way they have a nice
"sleep" & will be ready to go when it warms up. If your temps are as hot as
it really gets in Sac., I would provide some p.m. dappled shade? What does
your minimum temps get to?

    I did what you said, so I hope I'm in soon!!!!!

Tony <><