Re: Deer/fishing

Linda, you are probably right, I have no clue since neither dh nor I hunt or
discuss the practice much.    One thing that does annoy us, at least down in
these parts is that everyone that hunts has a deer lease.  This is the middle
class version of a private hunting area.  Since hunting is illegal on private
or state property, and most, if not all of Texas is one or the
other.....people that own land lease out parts to certain limited numbers of
hunters for a yearly fee.  The hunters take turns going there year round and
make sure that there is always ample supply of water and feed in the feed
troughs,  to fatten the deer up and ensure that they come to/or stay on that
property.  I personally don't see much difference between this practice and
what you are portraying.......what difference does it make if the hunters
feed the deer themselves or pay someone else to do it ....the result is the
same.  To me there is no sport in that......these animals truly can't be
considered wild, it's almost like shooting one's pet.

Just my opinion!!
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast