RE: deluge

 DF:  Hey--send my goldfinches back!  Seriously, though...I was saddened recently to hear that the beautiful state bird of Iowa--the goldfinch--is in danger of moving on permanently from our fair state.  Meteorology experts predict that within the next two decades, the climate in Iowa will have become too warm for them due to the greenhouse effect and  global warming and they will move to more northern habitats.  I love these birds (as much as I can love anything that flaps wings, anyway! LOL)...there is nothing quite like the site of those yellow bundles of energy filling my garden with their color, zipping back and forth between my plants and feeders...its a great contrast the many species of sparrows that inhabit the region.  And boy, does it sound like you are in for it with the rain!!!  Don't envy you a bit there, DF--I only hope that all that moisture doesn't decide to move this way and dump a foot of snow in the midwest! Yikes!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein --- On Thu 12/12, David Franzman  wrote:From: David Franzman [mailto: dfranzma@pacbell.net]To: gardenchat@hort.netDate: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:37:58 -0800Subject: [CHAT] delugeOk, I know you're all waiting by the seat of your pants for our latestweather report.  Here it is:  We're expecting between 7-11" by this timenext Wed.  That's a whole lot of moisture.Best part of the winter is the return of my gold finch.  Love thoselittle guys.  They do eat me out of house and home though.  Kinda neathow the hummers disappear and the finch come back.DF---------------------------------------------------------------------To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with themessage text UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com