Re: Peony question

Noreen,
When people talk peonies, they are usually talking about the lactiflora
hybrids.  Marge mentioned some species in her extensive posting.  There are
some I would love to grow but it is too cold here.  Here are a few you should
try that are only hardy in zones 8 to 10:
Paeonia cambessedesii (Majorcan Peony)
P. mascula
P. officinalis
P. peregrina   (Sunshine [syn. Otto Froebel] is an early-flowering
cultivar with vivid deep orange-red flowers)

Kitty