Re: Lost mail now found!

>  Gosh, that's annoying--where do you suppose my mesages have been sitting for the past several hours?  Does the virtual post office have a box for lost mail that just gets ignored until someone, somewhere decides to kick it back out into the system?  I'm totally ignorant about the actual mechanics of digital information transfer so if someone could explain it to me, I"d appreciate it...only speak slowly...I like to absorb the details.  LOL!  And goodnight, everyone...hope your day is everything you wish it to be...remember it is Friday!

Hi Melody,

   What's happening is that your messages are getting caught by the
   mailing list software as suspicious because they have the word
   'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the first ten lines -- it catches it and forwards
   the message to the listowner (me) in case someone is trying to
   unsubscribe and sends it to the list instead of to the right address.

   Since your messages are usually one really long line (like the thing above
   is all one line), the software counts that as a single line instead of
   seven or so.  So when you reply and include the

   it essentially appears within the first few lines of the email.

   I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

   Anyhow, there are three fixes:

      1.  When you reply, delete out the part says 'UNSUBSCRIBE GARDENCHAT'

      2.  Split up those really long lines by hitting the ENTER key
          between sentences.

      3.  I'm working on a filter for the mailing list to convert those
          really long lines into shorter ones.

   If the messages get held they stay there until I approve them.  It doesn't
   affect any other messages to the list, though.

   Hope that helps; let me know if not!

Chris (who's late for a meeting)