Re: Re: [GRD] Re: OT Christmas tree/ traditions

Noreen, I really appreciate this info as I find it very interesting.  I studied
religion as part of history in college but many aspects were missing and the
older I get the mushier my brain is.  How Christmas is celebrated in the old
countries is refreshing to read and seems more true to the characteristics of
what I think Christmas is all about.  Another fascinating part (not looking to
offend here) is how religions usurped pagen rituals and turned them into their
own.  I often wonder how they chose which rituals to bring in, what criteria they
used and ultimately how they incorporated them into the belief system.  Mexico's
Day of the Dead (Dias de la Muerda...hmmm, sp.) is another wonderful example.