Re: germinating seeds, was Mahonia, was Horticulture mag

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] germinating seeds, was Mahonia, was Horticulture mag
  • From: "Marge Talt" mtalt@hort.net
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:16:12 -0500

> From: jim singer <jsinger@igc.org>
> of course. i was suggesting a less messy job. marge's cite from
dirr may
> also apply, although i've found much of the fresh seed/stored seed
> controversy is hooey in actual germination trials--at least as far
> tropical fruits are concerned.

May be hooey as far as tropical fruits are concerned, but I know from
first hand experience that it ain't where hellebores are concerned
and from what I have read from the inveterate seed sowers on
Alpine-L, where other seed, esp. ephemerals is concerned:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :