From: "Pamela J. Evans" <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Lawn substitutes

> Peggy - henbit is a cool season wildflower/weed that is pretty - loves
clay and lasts here from about Thankgiving until around May when it starts
to get really warm.  It only gets about 6" high or so and when blooming
looks like a field of miniature lavenders.  Really pretty.  It's an annual
but self-seeds profusely.  I don't know if anyone sells seed or not, but if
you can't find any, I'll see if I can harvest some here.  Does that help??

> Pam

> From: "Josh Haskell" <haskell@ncweb.com>
> Date:  Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:13:22 -0500
>
> >Peggy
> >
> >          Need to analyze the problem.  Did the fescue germinate.  If so
> >what happened next?  If not, what were the circumstances: when did you
plant
> >it? Did you mulch it?  How much water or rainfall?  Etc??
> >
> >                                                      Josh Haskell
> >                                                      Ohio -- Zone 5

too
> >> much